What is Private Liability Insurance?
Easy! Private Liability covers you, if you cause physical or material damages to others. Sometimes these damages can get quite costly, so just to make sure you are safe, we cover you up to 30 million euros.
You are covered in case of
Imagine you're carrying something heavy and drop it on a friend's or a stranger's foot (ouch!). If something like this should happen to you, and someone injured needs medical care, we will cover the costs up to your coverage limit.
Sitting in a Café and unintentionally spilled an entire cup of coffee over your neighbour's laptop? Voilà, this is a common case of "damaged things". But relax, we've got you and bear the financial claims up to your coverage.
This is a little less obvious but still likely to happen: Imagine you’ve boxed in someone’s car, and this results in him or her missing a flight. This is a class “causal connection.” In this case of “financial loss” we cover the financial claims for a new ticket – and potential accommodation expenses too.
Protect your loved ones
Make sure your whole family is covered. Simply switch on coverage for your partner or kids when buying your policy.
Add toppings to your cover
Want to make sure you are extra safe? Try out our "Rented Vehicles" and "Top of the Topps" additional coverages.
Rent or borrow cars often? We take care of the deductible if you cause damage to or with the car – including "Mallorca coverage".
Top of the Topps
This premium topping offers a "Best Performance Guarantee". This ensures you always get the best coverage available.
Check out our terms & conditions
What is covered
- The insurance cover comprises the examination of the liability issue, the defense against unjustified claims for damages and your release from liability for justified obligations to pay damages.
- Your insurance cover may also extend to further people, such as your spouse or life partner and your children.
The insurance covers statutory liability, e.g:
- For damage to property owned for private purposes, rented buildings, apartments, residential premises and rooms in buildings;
- Because of damages caused by the use of bicycles or electric bicycles that are not subject to compulsory insurance bicycles (pedelecs);
- As an pet owner;
- As the owner of real estate and as the builder or contractor of construction works;
- From the loss of keys;
- Cover is also provided for bad debt.
Coverage (topping) Rented and hired vehicles (if purchased):
- Fully comprehensive motor vehicle insurance deductible coverage when you have an accident with a borrowed or rented vehicle.
- Incorrect refuelling of borrowed vehicle.
Coverage (sprinkles) Top of the Topps (if purchased):
- Damage caused by free assistance.
- Damages caused by persons who are incapable of tort.
- Compensation for the replacement value of items which are up too 1 year old (up to € 5,000).
- Best Performance Guarantee.
The insured sums are specified in the insurance policy.
What is not covered?
The statutory liability is not insured, e.g:
- Because of claims for fulfilment of contracts;
- For personal injury resulting from the transfer of Illnesses of the insured persons;
- From hunting as well as from unauthorized possession of weapons, or from the use of weapons for punishable offences;
- If damage was caused intentionally;
- For damage caused by asbestos or asbestos-containing products.
Are there any cover restrictions?
There are a number of cases in which the insurance company coverage may be limited, e.g:
- The co-insurance of the self-employed, part-time or professional activity is only valid if the annual turnover is a maximum of € 12,000 and no employees will be employed. Handicraft, medical/healthcare and planning/construction management activities are excluded.
- The pet owner co-insurance does not apply to dogs, horses, other riding or draught animals and wild animals with the exception of bees;
- Compensation in the event of damage to a borrowed motor vehicle due to misfuelling is limited to € 3,000;
- Damage to property of employers or colleagues property, the compensation shall be limited to € 5,000.